- Download 58
- File Size 477.22 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 23, 2017
- Last Updated August 23, 2017
CE GATE Exam Previous Papers | CE GATE Model Papers 2016 SET 2
Other Useful Links
By Downloading Pdf file, you are accepting our Site Policies and Terms & Conditions.
SET 2-CE GATE Exam Previous Papers 2016 | CE GATE Model Papers 2016
Please find download button below to download the CE GATE Exam Previous Papers | CE GATE Model Papers 2016 SET 2
GATE Civil Engineering Previous Paper 2016 Details
- Total number of Questions = 65
Few Question are listed below for preview: GATE Civil Engineering Previous Paper 2016
1. The atmospheric layer closest to the earth surface is
(A) the mesosphere
(B) the stratosphere
(C) the thermosphere
(D) the troposphere
2. In the context of the IRC 58-2011 guidelines for rigid pavement design, consider the following pair of statements.
I: Radius of relative stiffness is directly related to modulus of elasticity of concrete and inversely related to Poisson's ratio
II: Radius of relative stiffness is directly related to thickness of slab and modulus of subgrade reaction.
Which one of the following combinations is correct?
(A) I: True; II: True
(B) I: False; II: False
(C) I: True; II: False
(D) I: False; II: True
3. OMC-SP and MDD-SP denote the optimum moisture content and maximum dry density obtained from standard Proctor compaction test, respectively. OMC-MP and MDD-MP denote the optimum moisture content and maximum dry density obtained from the modified Proctor compaction test, respectively. Which one of the following is correct?
(A) OMC-SP < OMC-MP and MDD-SP < MDD-MP
(B) OMC-SP > OMC-MP and MDD-SP < MDD-MP
(C) OMC-SP < OMC-MP and MDD-SP > MDD-MP
(D) OMC-SP > OMC-MP and MDD-SP > MDD-MP
4. A tall tower was photographed from an elevation of 700 m above the datum. The radial distances of the top and bottom of the tower from the principal points are 112.50 mm and 82.40 mm, respectively. If the bottom of the tower is at an elevation 250 m above the datum, then the height (expressed in m) of the tower is _________