- Download 23
- File Size 449.23 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 26, 2017
- Last Updated August 26, 2017
GG GATE Exam Previous Papers | GG GATE Model Papers 2016
Other Useful Links
By Downloading Pdf file, you are accepting our Site Policies and Terms & Conditions.
GG GATE Exam Previous Papers 2016 | GG GATE Model Papers 2016
Please find download button below to download the GG GATE Exam Previous Papers | GG GATE Model Papers 2016
GATE Geology and Geophysics Previous Paper 2016 Details
- Total number of Questions = 65
Few Question are listed below for preview: GATE Geology and Geophysics Previous Paper 2016
1. International Geomagnetic Reference Field (IGRF) is used in processing regional magnetic data
(A) to remove the secular variation of the geomagnetic field.
(B) to remove the diurnal variation of the geomagnetic field.
(C) to remove the latitudinal variation of the geomagneticfield.
(D) to remove the terrain effect.
2. Which one of the following layers of the Earth has the largest volume?
(A) Upper Mantle
(B) Lower Mantle
(C) Outer core
(D) Inner Core
3. According to Airy’s model, gravity anomalies for fully isostatically compensated topography are characterized by
(A) negative Bouguer anomaly and positive free-air anomaly.
(B) positive Bouguer anomaly and negative free-air anomaly.
(C) zero Bouguer anomaly and negative free-air anomaly.
(D) positive Bouguer anomaly and zero free-air anomaly
4. Which one of the following geophysical methods is most suitable for the exploration of a horizontally stratified graphite deposit at a depth of 50 m?