- Download 19
- File Size 288.14 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 24, 2017
- Last Updated August 24, 2017
XE-D GATE Exam Previous Papers | XE-D GATE Model Papers 2016
Other Useful Links
By Downloading Pdf file, you are accepting our Site Policies and Terms & Conditions.
XE-D GATE Exam Previous Papers 2016 | XE-D GATE Model Papers 2016
Please find download button below to download the XE-D GATE Exam Previous Papers | XE-D GATE Model Papers 2016
GATE Engineering Mathematics Previous Paper 2016 Details
- Total number of Questions = 21
Few Question are listed below for preview: GATE Engineering Mathematics Previous Paper 2016
1. A single degree of freedom vibrating system has mass of 5 kg, stiffness of 500 N/m and damping coefficient of 100 N-s/m. To make the system critically damped
(A) only the mass is to be increased by 1.2 times.
(B) only the stiffness is to be reduced to half.
(C) only the damping coefficient is to be doubled.
(D) no change in any of the system parametersis required
2. A closed thin cylindrical pressure vessel having an internal diameter of 1000 mm and a thickness of 10 mm is subjected to an internal pressure of 4 MPa. The maximum shear stress (in MPa) induced in the cylinder is __________ (neglect the radial stress).
3. A solid circular shaft subjected to pure torsion develops a maximum torsional shear stress of 120MPa. Keeping the torsional moment same, if the diameter of the shaft is doubled then the maximum shear stress (in MPa) induced in the shaft is __________
4. On a single straight track, a vehicle of mass 500 kg moving with a velocity of 25 m/s strikes another vehicle of mass 250 kg moving with a velocity 10 m/s in the same direction. After the impact, if both the vehicles stick together, the common velocity (in m/s) with which both the vehicles will move together is __________.