- Download 26
- File Size 260.06 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 24, 2017
- Last Updated August 24, 2017
XE-A GATE Exam Previous Papers | XE-A GATE Model Papers 2016
Other Useful Links
By Downloading Pdf file, you are accepting our Site Policies and Terms & Conditions.
XE-A GATE Exam Previous Papers 2016 | XE-A GATE Model Papers 2016
Please find download button below to download the XE-A GATE Exam Previous Papers | XE-A GATE Model Papers 2016
GATE Engineering Mathematics Previous Paper 2016 Details
- Total number of Questions = 21
Few Question are listed below for preview: GATE Engineering Mathematics Previous Paper 2016
1. R2D2 is a robot. R2D2 can repair aeroplanes. No other robot can repair aeroplanes.
Which of the following can be logically inferred from the above statements?
(A) R2D2 is a robot which can only repair aeroplanes.
(B) R2D2 is the only robot which can repair aeroplanes.
(C) R2D2 is a robot which can repair only aeroplanes.
(D) Only R2D2 is a robot.
2. A poll of students appearing for masters in engineering indicated that 60 % of the students believed that mechanical engineering is a profession unsuitable for women. A research study on women with masters or higher degrees in mechanical engineering found that 99 % of such women were successful in their professions.
Which of the following can be logically inferred from the above paragraph?
(A) Many students have misconceptions regarding various engineering disciplines.
(B) Men with advanced degrees in mechanical engineering believe women are well suited to be mechanical engineers.
(C) Mechanical engineering is a profession well suited for women with masters or higher degrees in mechanical engineering.
(D) The number of women pursuing higher degrees in mechanical engineering is small
3. Sourya committee had proposed the establishment of Sourya Institutes of Technology (SITs) in line with Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) to cater to the technological and industrial needs of a developing country.
Which of the following can be logically inferred from the above sentence?
Based on the proposal,
(i) In the initial years, SIT students will get degrees from IIT.
(ii) SITs will have a distinct national objective.
(iii) SIT like institutions can only be established in consultation with IIT.
(iv) SITs will serve technological needs of a developing country.
(A) (iii) and (iv) only.
(B) (i) and (iv) only.
(C) (ii) and (iv) only.
(D) (ii) and (iii) only
4. A diagnostic test for a certain disease is 90% accurate. That is, the probability of a person having (respectively, not having) the disease tested positive (respectively, negative) is 0.9. Fifty percent of the population has the disease. What is the probability that a randomly chosen person has the disease given that the person tested negative?