What is the meaning of “Gender Neutral Fashion” Look?
Fashion is changing faster than ever before. Today, fashion is an expression of one’s identity and not just a passing trend. Consumers are demanding gender-neutral fashion looks that blur the lines of gender stereotypes. Gender Neutral fashion has revolutionized the concept of pre-defined masculine & feminine clothing. Millennials and Gen-Z consumers are comfortable in their own skin and want to express themselves in their own terms. And, not by the present idea of society, culture, and class.
Gender-neutral is a term that does not intend to indicate the gender of the person being addressed. And gender-neutral fashion is a term used to oppose the categorization of fashion into men and women. This revolution in the fashion industry is followed to promote gender equality.
In 2020, there are many gender neutral fashion brands. But the best 4 have caught our attention. Let’s talk about these 4 brands that are rocking the gender neutral fashion looks. Scroll down!
1. ONE DNA- The Gender Neutral Apparel Store
- One DNA’s gender-neutral pieces are trying to break down the boundary between womenswear and menswear without comprising the style.
- One DNA’s gender-neutral looks have been highlighted in Highsnobiety.
- According to WWD, One DNA is leading the unisex trend.
- What is the best part of One DNA? One DNA produce their collections in safe and fair conditions at independent workshops in New York.
One DNA’s collections are prepared to wear and repair over the long term, and the brand also regularly offers eco-conscious products. (Source: One DNA)
Check out one of the looks we loved from One DNA’s collection below:
2. NOT EQUAL
- Founded by Fabio Cost, Not Equal explores creative innovation through fashion and art.
- Not Equal’s garments challenge traditional tailoring; each piece is draped and detailed individually to bring out the unique design and look.
- What exemplifies NotEqual? Genderless form and individuality.
- Fabio Cost’s ambition is to push the boundaries while offering rational fashion at the same time. (Source: Not Equal)
Check out one of the best looks from Not Equal’s collection:
3. RILEY STUDIO
- Riley Studio is on a mission to change the mindsets and make conscious consumerism the new normal.
- Riley Studio is creating a wardrobe of gender-neutral staples that are kind on the planet at the same time.
- The brand believes in circular future, where people and the planet work together. This is why Riley Studio has put eco-innovation and sustainability at the core of the brand values.
- The brand believes in individuality and that is why Riley Studio designs without gender in mind.
- Good news: The brand is sourcing recycled materials, and working with ethical partners to ensure sustainability. (Source: Riley Studio)
Check out one of the t-shirt from Riley Studio with “Created From Waste” logo which is created from recycled cotton fibers:
4. RICH MNISI
- Based in South Africa, Rich Mnisi is a young brand that explores the treasures engraved within Africa and the world. The brand takes a turn of modern culture and heritage to tell unique stories.
- All this is packaged in extremist yet minimalist structures in the brand that take design and craftsmanship as the first and foremost motivation.
- The brand, Rich Mnisi, is inspired not just by fashion, but the film, music, art, and nature as the foundation for the vision.
- Rich Mnisi has been highlighted in esteemed pages of Marie Claire, ELLE, GQ, Fashion Glossary UK, GQ Style, Hunger, Vogue Italia, High Snobiety, and many more. (Source: Rich Mnisi)
Check out one of the bags from Rich Mnisi’s collection:
So, if you are looking for a fashion-look which defines you on an individual level and provide a sense of comfort at the same time, do not think twice to try on gender neutral fashion look! This revolutionary trend is here to stay.
Other articles related to Fashion & Luxury:
What’s next in Luxury Fashion? Luxury Resale 2020 Trend!
Follow us on Facebook: Trendy Lifestyle
Thank you for reading and keep it stylish!