Here you can download the free lecture Notes of Automata Compiler Design Notes pdf (ACD notes pdf materials) with multiple file links to download. This Automata Compiler Design pdf notes(ACD Pdf notes) free download book starts with the topics covering Formal Language and Regular Expressions: Languages, Definition Languages regular expressions, Finite Automata DFA, NFA. Conversion of regular expression to NFA, NFA to DFA. Applications of Finite Automata to lexical analysis, etc.
Automata Compiler Design Notes pdf – ACD notes pdf file
Automata Compiler Design Notes pdf – ACD pdf notes – ACD notes pdf file to download are listed below please check it –
Latest Material Links – Automata Compiler Design Notes
Old Material Links – Automata Compiler Design Notes
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
Topics Covered in Automata Compiler Design pdf notes (ACD Pdf notes)
Formal Language and Regular Expressions : Languages, Definition Languages regular expressions, Finite Automata DFA, NFA. Conversion of regular expression to NFA, NFA to DFA. Applications of Finite Automata to lexical analysis, lex tools. .
Context Free grammars and parsing : Context free grammars, derivation, parse trees, ambiguity LL(K) grammars and LL( 1) parsing
Bottom up parsing handle pruning LR Grammar Parsing, LALR parsing, parsing ambiguous grammars, YACC programming speciﬁcation.
Semantics : Syntax directed translation, S-attributed and L-attributed grammars, Intermediate code – abstract syntax tree, translation of simple statements and control flow statements.
Automata Compiler Design Notes
Context Sensitive features – Chomsky hierarchy of languages and recognizers. Type checking, type conversions, equivalence of type expressions, overloading of functions and operations.
Run time storage : Storage organization, storage allocation strategies scope access to now local names, parameters, language facilities for dynamics storage allocation.
Code optimization : Principal sources of optimization, optimization of basic blocks, peephole optimization, ﬂow graphs, Data ﬂow analysis of ﬂow graphs.
Code generation : Machine dependent code generation, object code forms, generic code generation algorithm, Register allocation and assignment. Using DAG representation of Block.
Reference: Automata Compiler Design Notes pdf – ACD notes pdf
l. Modern Compiler Construction in C , Andrew W.AppeI Cambridge University Press.
2. Compiler Construction, LOUDEN, Cengage Leaming.
3. Elements of Compiler I_)esign,A.Meduna,Auerbach Publications,Taylor . and Francis Group. V ,
4. ~ Principles of Compiler Design,V.Raghavan,TMH.
6 Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata Theory and Computation – Kamala Krithivasan and Rama R, Pearson.
7. Modern Compiler Design,D.Grune and others,Wiley-India.
8. AText book on Automata Theory,S.EB.Nasir,RK.Srimani,Cambridge Univ. Press.
9. Automata and Languages,A.Meduna,Springer
Text books: Automata Compiler Design Notes pdf – ACD notes pdf
l. Introduction to Theory of computation.Sipser,2nd Edition,Thomson.
2. Compilers Principles, Techniques and Tools Aho, Ullman, Ravisethi, Pearson Education.
Support & Follow us on Facebook: fb.com/Smartzworld
Q1: What is a compiler?
A1: Compiler is a translator program that translates a program written in the source program ad translates it into an equivalent program in the target program.
Q2: What is a translator in compiler design?
A2: A translator is a program that takes a program written in one language and produces as output a program in another language.
Q3: What are the phases of a compiler?
Q4: What are the types of translator?
A4: Interpreter, Compiler, Preprocessor
Q5: What are the different types of Compilers?
A5: Ada compilers, ALGOL compilers, BASIC compilers, C# compilers, C compilers, C++ compilers, COBOL compilers, Java compilers
Q6: What are the course outcomes of automato compiler desinging?
A6: The student will be able to:
• Explain deterministic and non-deterministic machines.
• Comprehend the hierarchy of computer science
• To accept a specified language, design a deterministic finite-state machine
• Explain the process of compiler construction for a simple context free language
• Determine a language’s location in the Chomsky hierarchy (regular sets, context-free, context-sensitive, and recursively enumerable languages)
Q6: What are the compiling phases of a basic compiler?
A6: A basic compiler consists of seven compiling phases :
1. Lexical analysis: In this phase characters from the source code are divided into tokens. Tokens can vary from an integer to a plus sign to a white space.
2. Syntax analysis: The generated token list gets parsed and has to meet a specific structure. Whenever the code is not accepted, a syntax error with corresponding error message gets thrown
3: Type checking: In this phase the consistency requirements of the parsed code are checked. Whether a variable is used but not declared or assigning an integer to a string variable
4. Intermediate code generation: In this phase the code is translated to an intermediate language
5. Register allocation: The variable names are translated to numbers which correspond to a register.
6. Machine code generation The intermediate code is translated to a machine specific assembly language
7. Assembly and linking The last phase translates the assembly language into a binary representation and the addresses of functions, variables, etc., are determined