Here you can download the free lecture Notes of Computer Numerical Control Pdf Notes – CNC Notes Pdf materials with multiple file links to download. This Computer Numerical Control notes pdf (CNC Pdf Notes)free download book starts with the topics covering Fundamentais of numerical control, Machine structure- Guide ways, interchangeable tooling system, Compute-Aided Programming: General information, type of DNC systems, Hardware components. I/O pins, Hardware components of PLC, Etc.
Computer Numerical Control pdf Notes – CNC notes pdf file
Computer Numerical Control Notes pdf – CNC pdf notes – CNC notes pdf file to download are listed below please check it –
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
Features of NC Machines: Fundamentais of numerical control, advantage of NC systems. cissiﬂcation of NC systems. point to point, NC and CNC, incremental and absolute. open and closed loop systems, Features of N/C Machine Tools, design consideration of NC machine tool, methods of improving machine accuracy.
CNC Machines Elements: Machine structure- Guide ways – feed drives- spindles – spindle bearings – measuring systems-Tool monitoring systems.
Tooling for CNC Machines: interchangeable tooling system. preset and qualified tools. coolant fed tooling system. modular fixturing. quick change tooling system. automatic head changers.
NC Part Programming: Manual programming-Basic concepts, Point to point contour programming. canned cycles. parametric programming.
Computer Numerical Control Notes pdf – CNC Notes Pdf
Compute-Aided Programming: General information, APT programming, Examples Apt progrmming problems (2D machining only). NC programming on CAD/CAM systems. the design and implementation of post processors .lntroduction to CAD/CAM soltware. Automatic Tool Path generation.
DNC Systems and Adaptive Control: introduction, type of DNC systems. advantages and disadvantages of DNC, adaptive control with optimization. Adaptive control with constraints, Adaptive control oi machining processes like turning, grinding.
Micro Controllers: introduction, Hardware components. I/O pins, ports. external memory. counters. timers and serial data I/O interrupts. Selection of Micro Controllers, Embedded Controllers. Applications an Programming of Micro Controllers. ,
Programming Logic Controllers (PLC’s): Introduction. Hardware components of PLC. System. basic structure. principle of operations Programming mnemonics timers. Internal relays and counters Applications of PLC’s in cnc Machines.
1. Machining Tools Hand Book Vol 3, (Automation 8t Control)! Manf Weckl John Wiley and Sons. 1984. ”
2. Machatronlcs – HMT, TMH.
1. Computer Control of Manufacturing Systems/Yoram Koren! Mc Gra Hill Int. 1983.
2. CADICAM – Michel P.Groover. TMH
Follow us on FB – Smartzworld
Frequently asked questions
Q1: What is computer numerical control machine?
A1: A Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine is an electro-mechanical device that utilities computer programming inputs to operate machine shop tools. Computer numerical control machining is one of the common ways to create prototypes (the other method being 3D printing). Computer Numerical Control is faster and stronger as it includes creating something new out of an already solid material. Computer Numerical Control machine programming offers many production advantages over previous methods of machining.
Q2: What are the two types of Computer Numerical Control machines?
A2: There are mainly two types of machines
- Conventional technologies – There are sub types under the conventional technologies. Drills. Lathes and Milling machines. Drills operate operate by spinning a drill bit and cutting it into a block of stock material. Where as lathes are opposite. Lathes spin the stock material against the drill bit instead of spinning the bit and cutting into the block. Finally, milling machines use revolving cutting tools to remove materials from the block. Among all the three, milling machines are the commonly used these days.
- Novel technologies – Electrical machining and other mediums come under novel technologies. Electrical machining is highly specialised technologies which are common is special cases for mass production that use a certain type of materials. Other mediums include plasma cutting machines, water-jet cutting,and laser cutting machines.
Q3: What are the advantages of Computer Numerical Control machines?
A3: Advantages of Computer Numerical Control machines are,
- CNC machines can run or work for 24 hours a day.
- CNC machines are known for higher accuracy and precision than other manual machines.
- CNC Operators can reduce the delay time by making the necessary changes easily
- CNC machines saves labor costs as fewer workers are needed to operate these machines
- CNC machines have the capacity to create complex, specialised designs with high accuracy in a short amount of time.
- The modern design software for CNC machines saves money and time in the long run by removing the need of producing a prototype or model before executing a project