Here you can download the free Engineering Chemistry Pdf Notes – EC Pdf Notes materials with multiple file links to download. Engineering Chemistry Notes Pdf – EC Notes Pdf starts with the topics covering ELECTROCHEMISTRY AND BATTERIES, Concept of Electro Chemistry, Conductance-electrolyte in solution (Specific conductivity,Equivalent Conductivity and Molar Conductivity), Variation of specific conductivity with dilution, etc
Engineering Chemistry Pdf Notes – EC Pdf Notes
Link – Complete Notes
Link – Unit 1
Link – Unit 2
Link – Unit 3
Link – Unit 4
Link – Unit 5
Engineering Chemistry Notes Pdf – EC Notes Pdf
ELECTROCHEMISTRY AND BATTERIES
- Concept of Electro Chemistry
- Conductance-electrolyte in solution (Specific conductivity,Equivalent Conductivity and Molar Conductivity)
- Variation of specific conductivity with dilution
- Variation of Equivalent Conductivity with dilution
- KOHLRAUSCH’S LAW
- Galvanic cells
- Reference electrode: Saturated calomel electrode
- Quinhydrone electrode
- Ion selective electrode
- Types of ion-selective membrane
- Concentration cell and its types
- Galvanic series
- Batteries and Applications
- Fuel cells and Applications
CORROSION AND ITS CONTROL
- Types of corrosion and its control methods
- Corrosion in nonmetals etc
- Solvent,Additives,Color changing paint…etc
- Types of polymerization
- Compounding and Fabrications of plastics
- Preparations , properties , engineering applications of PVC,Teflon and Bakelite.
- Fibers – Characteristics – Preparation and Properties – Uses – Application
- Rubbers – Natural Rubber and its Vulcanization
WATER and ITS TREATMENT
- Hardness of water
- Types of Hardness
- Estimations of temporary and permanent hardness of water by EDTA
- Boilers Troubles
- Treatment of Boiler feed water
- Potable water
- Adsorption and types
- Electrical and Optical properties , Micelles
- Applications of Colloids in Industry
ENERGY SOURCES (FUEL and COMBUSTION)
- Fuels – Classifications
- Solids Fuels
- Liquid Fuels
- Gaseous Fuels
- Determination of calorific values.
- Phase diagrams
- Two component systems
- Heat Treatment based on Iron carbon phase diagram.
- Composition , Setting and Hardening of Cement
- Lubricants – classifications – characteristics – examples – properties
- Refractories – classifications – characteristics – applications
Frequently Asked Question
Q1: What does Engineering chemistry mean?
A1: Integration of advanced organic, analytical and electro-chemistry knowledge into the design curriculum of engineering is called Engineering chemistry. Students get to study and know about the design of large scale chemical manufacturing plants.
Q2: What is electro chemistry?
A2: Study of processes involved in the inter conversion of chemical energy and electrical energy is called electro chemistry.
Q3: Why and how do engineers use chemistry?
A3: Inventing economic ways of using energy and materials is the basic function of chemical engineers. The engineers utilize chemistry and engineering to turn raw materials into products which are usable like petrochemicals, industrial setting, large-scale plastics, medicine etc. Along with this, they include research and waste management.
Q4: What is the galvanic series for stagnant seawater? (Stagnant meaning low oxygen content)
A4: Galvanic series for stagnant seawater is as followed,
Stainless steel 316 (passive)
Stainless Steel 304 (passive)
Stainless Steel 316 (active)
Naval brass 464
Uranium 8% Mo
Niobium 1% Zr
Stainless Steel 304 (active)
Order given may be changed in different environments
Q5: What are the advantages of batteries?
A5: Advantages of batteries include,
- Different shapes and sizes of the batteries are available which efficiently fits the devices they power
- When it comes to weighing, batteries weigh much lighter than the other different energy equivalent secondary batteries
- There is no memory effect
- Batteries have high open circuit voltage when compared with aqueous batteries thus increasing the amount of power that can be transferred at a lower rate of current
- Batteries have a better self discharge rate.