Solved & Mock Papers for Gate Aerospace Engineering
Here you can find in the below link of Solved & Mock Papers for Gate Aerospace Engineering – GATE AE Question Papers of all previous question papers download links are updated below:
Complete GATE Aerospace Engineering Question Papers | GATE AE Question Papers PDF
|GATE AE 2017 Question Paper||GATE AE 2017 Key Paper|
|GATE AE 2016 Question Paper||GATE AE 2016 Key Paper|
|GATE AE 2015 Question Paper||GATE AE 2015 Key Paper|
Few Same questions from previous Gate AE question papers are listed below:
1. Which one of the following statements is NOT true
(A) The pitching moment of any airfoil at any angle of attack is always zero at the center of pressure
(B) The pitching moment of any airfoil any angle of attack is always zero at the aerodynamic
(C) The center of pressure and aerodynamic coincide for a symmetric airfoil
(D) The pitching moment about the aerodynamic center, for any airfoil, does not vary with angle of attack
2. For a turbine stage, which one of the following losses occurs due to the turning of the wall boundary layer through an angle due to curved surface?
(A) Profile loss
(B) Annulus loss
(C) Tip clearance loss
(D) Secondary flow loss
3. In the vane-less space between the impeller and the diffuser vanes in a Centrifugal Compressor, the angular momentum varies in the following manner in the radial direction
(B) Remains constant
(D) First increases and then decreases
4. Air, with a Prandtl number of 0.7, flows over a flat plate at a high Reynolds number. Which of the following statement is TRUE?
(A) Thermal boundary layer is thicker than the velocity boundary layer.
(B) Thermal boundary layer is thinner than the velocity boundary layer.
(C) Thermal boundary layer is as thick as the velocity boundary layer.
(D) There is no relationship between the thicknesses of thermal and velocity boundary layers.
5. For a given chamber pressure, the thrust of a rocket engine is highest when
(A) the rocket is operating at its design altitude.
(B) the rocket is operating in vacuum.
(C) the rocket is operating at sea-level.
(D) there is a normal shock in the rocket nozzle.
6. The damping ratio in phugoid motion for gliders is usually less compared to powered aircraft because
(A) gliders are unpowered.
(B) gliders are light.
(C) lift to drag ratio is higher for gliders.
(D) gliders fly at low speed
7. Which one of the following aero engines has the highest propulsive efficiency?
(A) Turbojet engine without afterburner (B) Turbojet engine with afterburner (C) Turbofan engine (D) Ramjet engine
8. The stoichiometric fuel-to-air ratio in an aircraft engine combustor varies with the compressor pressure ratio as follows:
(A) increases linearly
(B) decreases linearly
(C) is independent
(D) increases nonlinearly
9. Consider a monoplane wing and a biplane wing with identical airfoil sections, wingspans and incidence angles in identical conditions in a wind tunnel. As compared to the monoplane, the biplane experiences
(A) a higher lift and a higher drag
(B) a higher lift and a lower drag
(C) a lower lift and a lower drag
(D) a lower lift and a higher drag
10. If all the eigenvalues of a matrix are real and equal, then
(A) the matrix is diagonalizable
(B) its eigenvectors are not necessarily linearly independent
(C) its eigenvectors are linearly independent
(D) its determinant is necessarily zero
Please feel free to comment below for any queries from Smart world Team