Gate Question Paper for Electrical Engineering with Solutions & Gate Solved Papers for Electrical Engineering
Here you can find in the below link of Gate Question Paper for Electrical Engineering with Solutions – Gate Solved Papers for Electrical Engineering of all previous question papers download links are updated below:
Gate Question Paper for Electrical Engineering with Solutions | Gate Solved Papers for Electrical Engineering
Few Same questions from previous Gate EE question papers are listed below:
1. Consider an electron, a neutron and a proton initially at rest and placed along a straight line such that the neutron is exactly at the center of the line joining the electron and proton. At t = 0, the particles are released but are constrained to move along the same straight line. Which of these will collide first?
(A) the particles will never collide
(B) all will collide together
(C) proton and neutron
(D) electron and neutron
2. Choose the option with words that are not synonyms.
(A) aversion, dislike
(B) luminous, radiant
(C) plunder. loot
(D) yielding. resitant
3. A three-phase cable is supplying 800 kW and 600 kVAr to an inductive load. It is intended to supply an additional resistive load of 100 kW through the same cable without increasing the heat dissipation in the cable, by providing a three-phase bank of capacitors connected in star across the load. Given the line voltage is 3.3 kV, 50 Hz, the capacitance per phase of the bank, expressed in microfarads, is ________.
4. A single-phase transmission line has two conductors each of 10 mm radius. These are fixed at a center-to-center distance of 1 m in a horizontal plane. This is now converted to a three-phase transmission line by introducing a third conductor of the same radius. This conductor is fixed at an equal distance D from the two single-phase conductors. The three-phase line is fully transposed. The positive sequence inductance per phase of the three-phase system is to be 5% more than that of the inductance per conductor of the single-phase system. The distance D, in meters, is _______.
5. The inductance and capacitance of a 400 kV, three-phase, 50 Hz lossless transmission line are 1.6 mH/km/phase and 10 nF/km/phase respectively. The sending end voltage is maintained at 400 kV. To maintain a voltage of 400 kV at the receiving end, when the line is delivering 300 MW load, the shunt compensation required is
6. Of the four characteristics given below, which are the major requirements for an instrumentation amplifier?
P. High common mode rejection ratio
Q. High input impedance
R. High linearity
S. High output impedance
(A) P, Q and R only
(B) P and R only
(C) P, Q and S only
(D) Q, R and S only
7. A separately excited DC generator has an armature resistance of 0.1???? and negligible armature inductance. At rated field current and rated rotor speed, its open-circuit voltage is 200 V. When this generator is operated at half the rated speed, with half the rated field current, an uncharged 1000 µF capacitor is suddenly connected across the armature terminals. Assume that the speed remains unchanged during the transient. At what time (in microsecond) after the capacitor is connected will the voltage across it reach 25 V? (A) 62.25 (B) 69.3 (C) 73.25 (D) 77.3
8. A 220 V, 3-phase, 4-pole, 50 Hz inductor motor of wound rotor type is supplied at rated voltage and frequency. The stator resistance, magnetizing reactance, and core loss are negligible. The maximum torque produced by the rotor is 225 % of full load torque and it occurs at 15% slip. The actual rotor resistance is 0.03 Ω/phase. The value of external resistance (in Ohm) which must be inserted in a rotor phase if the maximum torque is to occur at start is ______.
Please feel free to comment below for any queries from Smart world Team