Principles of electrical engineering Notes (PEE)
Principles of Electrical Engineering Notes – PEE Notes – PEE Pdf Notes
Unit – I
Transient Analysis (First and Second Order Circuits)
Transient Response of RL , RC Series. RLC Circuits for DC excitations, Initial Conditions, Solution using Differential Equations approach and Laplace Transform Method.
Impedance Parameters, Admittance Parameters, Hybrid Parameters, Transmission (ABCD) Parameters, Conversion of one Parameter to another, Conditions for Reciprocity and Symmetry, Interconnection of Two Port networks in Series, Parallel and Cascaded configurations, Image Parameters, Illustrative problems.
Unit – III
Classiﬁcation of Filters, Filter Networks, Classiﬁcation of Pass band and Stop band, Characteristic Impedance in the Pass and Stop Bands, Constant- k Low Pass Filter, High Pass Filter, m-derived T-Section, Band Pass ﬁlter and Band Elimination ﬁlter, Illustrative Problems.
Symmetrical Attenuators — T-Type Attenuator, δ-Type Attenuator, Bridged T type Attenuator, Lattice Attenuator.
Principle of Operation of DC Machines, EMF equation, Types of Generators, Magnetization and Load Characteristics of DC Generators.
DC Motors, Types of DC Motors, Characteristics of DC Motors, losses and Efﬁciency. Swinburne‘s Test. Speed Control of DC Shunt Motor, Flux and Armature Voltage control methods.
Transformers and Their Performance
Principle of Operation of Single Phase transformer, Types, Constructional Features. Phasor Diagram on No Load and Load, Equivalent Circuit. Losses and Efficiency of Transformer and Regulation, OC and SC Tests . Predetermination of Efficiency and Regulation ( Simple Problems).
Unit – VIII
Single Phase Induction Motors
Principle of Operation, Shaded Pole motors. Capacitor motors, AC Servomotor, AC Tachometers, Synchros, Stepper Motors. Characteristics.
Text Books : Principles of Electrical Engineering Notes – PEE Notes – PEE Pdf Notes
- Fundamentals of Electric Circuits – Charles K. Alexander, Mathew 0. Sadiku, 3 ed., 2008.TMH.
- Z Network Analysis -A Sudhakar ,Shyammohan S.Palli, 3 ed., 2009, TMI-I.
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering – M.S.Naidu and S. Kamakshaiah. 2008. TMH.
Reference Books : Principles of Electrical Engineering Notes – PEE Notes – PEE Pdf Notes
- Networks, Lines and Fields – John.D.Ryder, 2 ed… 2008 (Reprint), PHI.
- Z Engineering Circuit Analysis – W.H.Hayt and I . E Kernmerly and SM.Durbin,6ed..2008,TMH
- Network analysis and Synthesis — C Lwadhwa, 3 ed.. 2007, New Age International Publishers.
- Network Analysis – N.C.Jagan and C.Lakshmi Narayana. BSP, 2006.
- Electric Circuits – Nilsson, Riedel, 8 ed.. PE.