SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS Notes (SC)
SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS Notes – SC Notes – SC Pdf Notes
Notes 1 :-
Notes 2 :-
INTRODUCTION : Origin of Satellite Communications, Historical Back-ground, Basic Concepts of Satellite Communications, Frequency allocations for Satellite Services, Applications, Future Trends of Satellite Communications.
ORBITAL MECHANICS AND LAUNCHERS : Orbital Mechanics, Look Angle determination, Orbital perturbations, Orbit determination, launches and launch vehicles, Orbital effects in communication systems performance.
SATELLITE SUBSYSTEMS : Attitude and orbit control system, telemetry, tracking, Command and monitoring, power systems, communication subsystems, Satellite antenna Equipment reliability and Space qualification.
SATELLITE LINK DESIGN : Basic transmission theory, system noise temperature and G/T ratio, Design of down links, up link design, Design of satellite links for specified C/N, System design example.
MULTIPLE ACCESS : Frequency division multiple access (FDMA) Intermodulation, Calculation of C/N. Time division Multiple Access (TDMA) Frame structure, Examples. Satellite Switched TDMA Onboard processing, DAMA, Code Division Multiple access (CDMA),Spread spectrum transmission and reception.
EARTH STATION TECHNOLOGY : Introduction, Transmitters, Receivers, Antennas, Tracking systems, Terrestrial interface, Primary power test methods.
LOW EARTH ORBIT AND GEO-STATIONARY SATELLITE SYSTEMS : Orbit consideration, coverage and frequency considerations, Delay & Throughput considerations, System considerations, Operational NGSO constellation Designs
SATELLITE NAVIGATION & THE GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM : Radio and Satellite Navigation, GPS Position Location principles, GPS Receivers and codes, Satellite signal acquisition, GPS Navigation Message, GPS signal levels, GPS receiver operation, GPS C/A code accuracy, Differential GPS.
TEXT BOOKS : SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS Notes – SC Notes – SC Pdf Notes
1. Satellite Communications – Timothy Pratt, Charles Bostian and Jeremy Allnutt, WSE, Wiley Publications, 2nd Edition, 2003.
2. Satellite Communications Engineering – Wilbur L. Pritchard, Robert A Nelson and Henri G.Suyderhoud, 2nd Edition, Pearson Publications, 2003.
REFERENCES : SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS Notes – SC Notes – SC Pdf Notes
1. Satellite Communications : Design Principles – M. Richharia, BS Publications, 2nd Edition, 2003.
2. Satellite Communication – D.C Agarwal, Khanna Publications, 5th Ed.
3. Fundamentals of Satellite Communications – K.N. Raja Rao, PHI, 2004
4. Satellite Communications – Dennis Roddy, McGraw Hill, 2nd Edition, 1996.