How to change name on Facebook: There are some cases when some particular users want to change his name on Facebook, Maybe you’ve just gotten married, no longer identify with your birth name, or just want to change the overly formal “Robert” to “Rob” on your profile. So here are some tips using which you can change the name on Facebook.
Before Changing Name Make Sure You Can’t Use This:-
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Titles of any kind.
- Words or phrases in place of a name.
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
To change your name on Facebook, head to the Setting.You can get to it by clicking on the arrow in the top right corner and then clicking Settings.After that click on Edit.Then you are able to change your name & surname on Facebook.Click Review Changes and then enter your password and click Save Changes.
How to change FB name:
Previously Facebook allowed to Change their Name to other desired nickname as per the user interest. But now Facebook rises issues if you wish to change the Name to unauthentic versions of Name and if you do it intentionally to cover your identity you will be warned. or Even your account will be suspended for some days until you submit Valid Proofs
How to Change Facebook Name on Mobile:
- Open Facebook Mobile app, on the Main Screen of FB App, click on ‘Three line’ icon
- You get to see a Pop-up Menu, here Click on Settings
- Now go to Account settings> General > Name
- Change the First Name and Last Name as you wish
- Preview the changes & Submit it by typing your Password
Change Facebook Name on Desktop:
- Log on to Facebook.com, and sign in to your account with the username Credentials
- Click on ‘Drop down’ icon visible on Top-right Corner on the Site
- Then Click on ‘Settings’ option, then Go to General> Name
- Change the Name and confirm the Changes with the Password
How to change Facebook Page name:
As the Facebook page name cannot be accessed on Mobile, you need to go to Desktop Version for sure and follow this:
- Log on to Facebook.com and Type in your Username & Password
- Go to that Specific Page where you want to alter the name
- On the main screen of FB page, Click on ‘About’ visible on Bottom Left menu Options
- Click on ‘Edit’ option beside the Name and Type the Page Name
- Enter Name, click on Continue & Submit the Changes with the Password
How to change Facebook Username:
You can Change the Facebook username only in one time and you cannot alter it whenever you want. It is Restricted because, user can try to mislead other users or even the Facebook Support team could not give a response on a Specific Profile. So be careful while changing the username on Facebook or even any other Social sites. To change the Username on FB, do this:
- Visit the Facebook Website and Login with username & Password
- Click on ‘Drop-down’ icon visible on Top-right Corner to view the Facebook settings options
- Select ‘Settings’option to open the FB Settings option
- Click the ‘Edit’ option besides ‘Username’ , you get the Text box, enter the desired username
- Save the Username & Confirm it with Password to Apply the Changes
Change Nick Name
Just got new Nickname???? No need to follow above procedure every time.you directly have the option to add nickname using “Add Nick Names”.You also have the option to choose nickname types like the nickname, Maiden Name, Married Name, Birth Name, Former Name, Name With Title, Other.
In this way, you change your name on Facebook using simple steps.