How to Cut Video in VLC:
Along with the media player, VLC also offers users to trim, cut videos.So in this article, I will tell you about How To Cut Videos In VLC Media Player.
Cut Videos In VLC Media Player
To cut videos in VLC, follow the steps given below:-
1) Open VLC media player.
2) Play the video which you want to trim and note the time in the video from where you want to obtain the trimmed video and also note the end time up to which you want the video to be trimmed. Take the time in seconds. For example, if you want to start cutting from 2 minutes and 30 seconds and end cutting at 5 minutes and 4 seconds, the start time will be (60*2 + 30)=150 seconds and stop time will be (60*5 + 4) = 304 seconds. These values will be needed later.
3) Now, click on Media in the Menu bar.
4) In the drop-down menu, click on Convert/Save. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+R shortcut key combination to directly reach media options.
5) Click on the Add button on the right of the File selection box to load the video which you want to cut.
6) Tick show more options on the bottom left the side of the dialog box to show extended options.
7) In the extended options, enter the start time which you noted earlier. Notice that in the Edit options field, a:start-time=### string will be added. There is not an option to add the stop time. So, you need to add the stop-time in the same format in the edit options manually, ie. add “:stop-time=###” without quotes in the edit options where ### is the stopping time in seconds.
8)Click on Convert/Save on the bottom right side and follow all the steps to convert a video in VLC.
9) In the following dialog box, click on browse to select the destination where your trimmed video will be saved.
10) Click on Start to begin the cutting process.
Follow us on Facebook: Techy Sea