Computer Graphics Notes – CG Notes
COMPUTER GRAPHICS Notes – CG Notes and materials :-
UNIT I :
Introduction, Application areas of Computer Graphics, overview of graphics systems, video-display devices, raster-scan systems, random scan systems, graphics monitors and work stations and input devices
Download Link – Unit 1 Notes
UNIT II :
Output primitives : Points and lines, line drawing algorithms, mid-point circle and ellipse algorithms.Filled area primitives: Scan line polygon fill algorithm, boundary-fill and flood-fill algorithms
Download Link – Unit 2 Notes
UNIT III :
2-D geometrical transforms : Translation, scaling, rotation, reflection and shear transformations, matrix representations and homogeneous coordinates, composite transforms, transformations between coordinate systems
Download Link – Unit 3 Notes
UNIT IV :
2-D viewing : The viewing pipeline, viewing coordinate reference frame, window to view-port coordinate transformation, viewing functions, Cohen-Sutherland and Cyrus-beck line clipping algorithms, Sutherland –Hodgeman polygon clipping algorithm.
Download Link – Unit 4 Notes
UNIT V :
3-D object representation : Polygon surfaces, quadric surfaces, spline representation, Hermite curve, Bezier curve and B-Spline curves, Bezier and B-Spline surfaces. Basic illumination models, polygon rendering methods.
Download Link – Unit 5 Notes
UNIT VI :
3-D Geometric transformations : Translation, rotation, scaling, reflection and shear transformations, composite transformations.
3-D viewing : Viewing pipeline, viewing coordinates, view volume and general projection transforms and clipping
Download Link – Unit 6 Notes
UNIT VII :
Visible surface detection methods : Classification, back-face detection, depth-buffer, scan-line, depth sorting, BSP-tree methods, area sub-division and octree methods
Download Link – Unit 7 Notes
UNIT VIII :
Computer animation : Design of animation sequence, general computer animation functions, raster animation, computer animation languages, key frame systems, motion specifications
Download Link – Unit 8 Notes
TEXT BOOKS :
- “Computer Graphics C version”, Donald Hearn and M.Pauline Baker, Pearson Education.
- “Computer Graphics Principles & practice”, second edition in C, Foley, VanDam, Feiner and Hughes, Pearson Education.
- “Computer Graphics”, second Edition, Donald Hearn and M.Pauline Baker, PHI/Pearson Education.
- “Computer Graphics Second edition”, Zhigand xiang, Roy Plastock, Schaum’s outlines, Tata Mc- Graw hill edition.
- Procedural elements for Computer Graphics, David F Rogers, Tata Mc Graw hill, 2nd edition.
- “Principles of Interactive Computer Graphics”, Neuman and Sproul, TMH.
- Principles of Computer Graphics, Shalini Govil, Pai, 2005, Springer.
- Computer Graphics, Steven Harrington, TMH