Here you can download the free lecture Notes of Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation Pdf Notes – EMI Notes Pdf materials with multiple file links to download. The Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation Notes Pdf – EMI Pdf Notes book starts with the topics covering Performance Characteristics, Ramp Type, Staircase Ramp, Wheat stone Bridge, Block Schematic of CRO, Dual Trace, Strain gauges, Flow Measurement, Flow Measurement, Etc.
Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation Pdf Notes – EMI Notes Pdf
Block Schematics of Measuring Systems, Performance Characteristics, Static Characteristics, Accuracy, Precision, Resolution, Types of Errors, Gausian Error, Root Sum Squares formula, Dynamic Characteristics, Repeatability, Reproducibility, Fidelity, Lag ;Measuring Insturments: DC Voltmeters. D’ Arsonval Movement, DC Current Meters, AC Voltmeters and Current Meters, Ohmmeters, Multimeters, Meter Protation, Extension of Range, True RMS Responding Voltmeters, Speciﬁcations of Instruments.
Electronic Voltmeters, Multimeters, AC, DC Meters, Digital Voltmeters: Ramp Type, Staircase Ramp, Dual slqpes Integrating type, Successive Approximation Type, Autoranging, 3;, 3; Digit display, Pico ammeter, High Resistance Measurements, Low Current Ammeter, Applications; Signal Generators: AF, RF Signal Generators, Sweep frequency Generators, Pulse and Square wave Generators, Function Generators, Arbitrary waveform Generator, Video signal Generators, Speciﬁcations.
Unit 2 – N/A
Signal Analyzers, AF, HF Wave Analyzers, Harmonic Dustortion. Heterodynewave Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Analyzers, Capacitance-Voltage Meters, Oscillators.
Unit 3 Notes
DC and AC Bridges: Wheat stone Bridge, Kelvin Bridge, AC Bridges. Maxwell, Hay, Schering, Wien, Anderson Bridges, Resonance Bridge, Similar Angle Bridge, Wagners’ ground connection, Twin T. Bridged T Networks, Detectors.
Unit 4 Notes
Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation Notes Pdf – EMI Pdf Notes
Oscilloscopes: CRT, Block Schematic of CRO. Time Base Circuits, Lissajous Figures, CRO Probes, High Frequency CRO Considerations, Delay lines, Applications, Speciﬁcations.
Unit 5 Notes
Special purpose oscilloscopes: Dual Trace, Dual Beam CROs, Sampling oscilloscopes, Storage oscilloscopes, Digital Storage CROs, Frequency Measurement. Period Measurement, Errors in TimelFrequency measurements, universal counters, Extension of range; Recorders: Strip- Chart, X-Y, Oscillo graphic recorders.
Unit 6 Notes
UNIT VII – Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation Notes
Transducers: Classification, Strain gauges, Bonded, unbounded; Force and Displacement Tranducers, Resistance Thermometers, Hotwire Anemometers, LVDT, Themocouples, Synchros. Special Resistance Thermometers, Digital Temperature sensing system. Piezoelectric Transducers,.Variable Capacitance Transducers, Magneto strictive Transducers.
Unit 7 Notes
UNIT VIII – Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation Notes
Measurement of Physical Parameters: Flow Measurement, Displacement Meters, Liquid level Measurement, Measurement of Humidity and Moisture, Velocity, Force, Pressure – High Pressure, Vacuum level, Temperature – Measurements, Data Acquisition Systems.
Unit 8 Notes
1. Electronic instrumentation, second edition – H.S.Kalsi, Tata McGraw Hill, 2004. 2. Modern Electronic Instrumentation and Measurement Techniques – A.D. Helfrick and W.D. Cooper, PHI, 5th Edition, 2002.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What do you mean by electronic measurements?
A1: Generally, any instruments which are used to measure any quantity are known as measuring instruments. When the instruments measure electrical quantities such as current, voltage etc, they are known as electronic measurements. There are two types of basic electrical measuring instruments
Q2: What are the advantages of electronic measurements?
A2: The advantages of an electronic measurement are
1. Quantities mostly can be converted into electrical signals by transducers
- The transferred electrical signal can be modified or amplified, multiplexed, filtered, measures and sampled by these electrical measurements.
- The measurement can be converted or easily obtained for automatic analysis and recording into digital form
- Without any loss of information, the measured signals can be transmitted over long distances with the help of cables or radio links
5. Most of the measurement can be carried either in rapid succession or simultaneously
- Electronic circuits detects and thus amplify every signal or weak signal. Thus they can measure the events of every short duration as well.
- To build analog and digital signals, electronic measurements are helpful
- Some of the important features of electronic instruments and measurements include, high sensitivity, high degree of reliability and low power consumption.
Q3: What are the static characteristics?
A3: Static characteristics mean quantities which do not vary with time. Some of the various static characteristics are,
- Zero drift
Q4: What is caliberation?
A4: Process of adjusting or making a scale so that readings of an instruments agree with the certified and accepted standard. It offers a guarantee to the instrument that it is operating with the desirable accuracy, under the adequate/expected environmental conditions.